Monday 13 January 2014

A Christmas Accordion Card

Hello my blogging friends and family I hope you are well and enjoying whatever life offers you currently. I was speaking to my sister Clare last evening (we often do a catch-up call on a Sunday night) and she said she'd like more information on an accordion card I made for Christmas.

This post will do just that. It is an accordion card and looks really effective despite not being in the traditional red and green colours of Christmas. The base of the card is made with a Karen Burniston Design/Sizzix die and the instructions for using it to make the base structure is available as a PDF download on the Sizzix website. Click HERE.

I have a few photos to show you and then I have included what I used in the ingredients list.







This shows the card as you take it out of the envelope: I used Movers and Shapers "Wish" die as well as a Marianne Design die. The design paper is the Fa La La paper pad from Lawn Fawn.























Here is the card opened out fully. I'll show you close ups of each panel in turn.









This first panel shows the Kaisercraft Sage weave cardstock I used and Impression Obsession Fr Tree die with Movers and Shapers Reindeer.


















Here this photo shows a better view of the Marianne Design Sleigh and Snowflakes dies. Lots of pearls and that's this panel done.


















You can't have a Sleigh and not have Reindeer ... so here they are .....




















Here is the last panel ...



























Here is the front (again!) and the back of the card.

 .... and there you have it. So next I'll show you the ingredients I used




Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed reading today's post

2 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful, all your cards are so loverrrrly...hugs..Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise, I really appreciate your comments.How is your Christmas Card making going? Christmas sure is is getting closer and sooner than I had anticipated!!! Hope you have a great day. Sally-Ann x

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...