Tuesday 11 August 2015

THANKS in blue and white

As I was making the card I have to show you today it reminded me of how Thankful I was for many things. One of those things was those of you who come and read my blog, so I am Thankful to all my blogging family and friends for the time they spend looking at my cards and in particular Pearl who leaves a regular comment and for those of you who have also taken the time to do so in the past. THANK YOU. This one is for all of you.....







































This card almost made itself. Have you had times like that when you have been crafting? When everything just seems to come together. This was how it was for this card. I must say Sue Wilson's dies are fabulous, easy to use and they always help make such pretty cards in my view.











The biggest challenge was cutting all the striped strips from her weaving collection dies. I used American Crafts white and Cornflower Blue card stock - the blue is such a  gorgeous colour.

Then weaving them together. It took me back a number of years to when I did this as a young girl. Quite relaxing once you get going.

I cut the outside frame using the Sue Wilson Noble collection dies, adhered mounting tape behind it and then placed it over my weaving background which I cut to the shape of the frame.























 I used the Sue Wilson Thanks die. It comes in two pieces so I cut the background in the blue and the sentiment die in the white coloured cardstock.

The fiddly bit was cutting up small foam squares so that the letters were raised for dimension on the top - the result I think was worth the effort.



























Once I had created the card, I used the largest of the Noble collection dies to create my card base and it was a simple thing if introducing the two parts of the card to one another!

I added some flowers from my stash, twisting their wire stems around a small paintbrush to create the curls. I cut some leaves from a Spellbinders die in white and also added those too.

For the last finishing touch I added a few white pearls here and there!















The main ingredients that I used to make this card were:




I hope you liked this card. It was a joy to make and it reminded me to be more grateful for the small mercies in life and to have more gratitude for life's pleasures and pastimes.

1 comment:

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...