Thursday 2 October 2014

A Log Cabin Christmas Card

Hello my lovely blogging family and friends. How did the second day of October pass for you? I hope it was a great day. I somehow missed a day as I thought today was a Wednesday and when I discovered tomorrow was Friday it was kind of weird! The big plus was realising this is a long weekend with Monday being a Labour Day holiday. Woohoo!

Today's card is similar but slightly different from the one I shared with you yesterday.
Here it is:




























As you can see what makes the cards so similar is the Spellbinders "Branching Out" die which I cut out from Kaisercraft scarlet weave card stock and also used a Basics A die (#4) with White card stock inked with vintage photo inked pad on top of it. These layers, I then placed on top of a card cut from white card stock.
























Here's a close up view of the Cottage Cutz die that I put together for the front of this card. Like yesterday's card it took time to do but it is so adorable. Isn't the deer cute! I used W1 & W3 copic markers to add dimension as well as white paint and Stickles Crystal glitter. The trees were cut from an Impression Obsession Fir trees die.






With this die you can create many different looks, I chose however to use the suggestion made on the front of the packet this time. It helped me understand how it could be used in different ways when i use it again.















The sentiment was made in the same way as yesterday's card. A JustRile stamp, cut out with a Spellbinders die and edges inked wit Vintage photo and Stickles Crystal Glitter added.












These are the main ingredients used to make this card:



Thanks for stopping by again today. I hope you like today's card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...