Tuesday 22 January 2013

A Card for Elizabeth

Hi, How are you today? Here where we live in Australia we are experiencing some hot weather. Fortunately we have (to date) not been affected by any Bush Fire; although last evening, when outside you caught the strong smell of smoke on the wind. As today has progressed the weather is changing and getting subtly cooler.

Today I have a card to show you that was commissioned for a young lady called Elizabeth who is celebrating her 6th Birthday. I had lots of fun making this card.




This is a step card.
I'll show you each of the three steps in turn. I also have a video so you get to see some more of the detail too.
The base of the card was black Kaisercraft weave card stock.



















This is the back part of the card. The design was inspired by an image on a bag that contained a present for Tiffany given to her a while ago.

I used scraps of card stock for the pieces I drew, cut out and stuck together.

The background card stock was from a DCWV Bright 12 x 12 Mat card Stock Pack.












A close up of the elements I drew and cut out. The bag provided me with everything I needed, almost as a template that enabled me to draw the tree, clouds, leaves, flowers, clouds, birds, bird house .....










....  grass and the mushrooms ... everything!








The middle step of the card.
I used a Kaisercraft Bling Rhinestone letter E and mixed it up with words I printed on my computer and punched out some small flowers using a Carl 1 punch.
The background paper was from a Basics 12 x 12 pad.





The first step of the card shown here with a Mo's Digital Image (waiting for the parade) coloured with a range of Copics and a sticker from October Afternoon. I hand drew the sun and cut it out; gluing it behind the sticker.








Here is a video I took that shows this card in more detail:



UPDATE:
Some of the ingredients I used to make this card:





OK that's all folks! Hope you liked the card it was a lot of fun to do as most of it I had to hand draw and cut out - reminded me of my prime school days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...