Thursday 10 January 2013

A card for Joan

Hi, how are you? Thanks so much for those of you concerned about me after hearing of the terrible bush fires we have been experiencing in NSW here in Australia. We are officially having a heat wave which for Australia means it's REALLY hot! We have had the highest average temperature for this continent since records began. Here in NSW temperature have reached above 42 degrees and this means that fires can ignite when lightening strikes, which has been the case. There have also been incidents when really silly juveniles have started fires deliberately; lives are at stake and I am glad the authorities are throwing the law books at these culprits. We are both fine, we had a small fire up the road which was put out overnight by rainfall.

Today I have a card to show you. It was commissioned for a lady called Joan.



As you can see it was for her 70th Birthday.
I used some of my Spellbinders dies, some lace, flowers, pearls and some Lovely alphabet tiles that Clare kindly gave me.
The paper is from HOTP from my stash.








It is a pop-up card. I had a very clear brief for this card which I was grateful for.

Joan, at one time was/is a teacher (teaching English now) and loves books; so books were to feature in her card. I used images of books (from Google) and added them to the columns each side of the pop-up.






I used an EK success punch to create the feature across the top (and the bottom) of the card. I found a lovely quote on the Internet and added that as part of the central panel on the top of the card. I also added a couple of flower stickers from my stash either side of the sentiment.

On the "steps" of the pop-up I added more alphabetical tiles spelling out "Happy Birthday". At the side edges you can see Pearl Ribbon added to provide a little bling.




Looking down on the card you get a better view of the other things I added to the card - notably some Really Reasonable Polka Dot ribbon, another sticker (I think this was a K & Company sticker I still had in my stash).











On the back of the card I added another verse which I thought appropriate - again from the Internet.











There you have it. I do have a video of this card. I need to give you a warning though - I filmed it upside down!!!!!! How, well I used our new camera which works differently to our old one and I treated it like our old one - and the result - well it's upside down - what a nit wit!
If you can bear it, it's here for you to see....


See what I mean! Even the Thumbnail is upside down!!! Oh well! lessons learnt. There is one more video (I think) that I filmed this way, however I'll give you fair warning before I link you to it!


Here are some of the ingredients I used to make Joan's card:

InLinkz

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you like my card for Joan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...