Thursday 24 January 2013

A card for Jude

Hi, how are you today? Today I have a lovely card to share with you. It was commissioned by a friend of Jude's and the brief was to make reference to a few shared life experiences. I'll point them out as I show you the photos I have taken. I also have a video clip to show you of this card too.

The card forms the shape of a Handbag.

I used Kaisercraft Black (Liquorice) weave card stock as the base of the card.
Using Grand Spellbinders Circle dies helped to form the shape of the "Flap" of the handbag shape.

Circle Velcro helped keep the Flap closed at the front of the bag.

A pink resin flower was layered onto a gold coloured metal frame which I  bought from Zacco Beads.

The ribbon was a Freebie from a Magazine; and the Paper from a Basics Paper 12 x 12 inch Pack.

The Happy Birthday sentiment was from a Kaisercraft 6 x 6 paper pack (apologies cannot remember which one!).







I created, printed and Cut out Jude's name on my PC.

I used a Carl punch (sakura) to cover the holes I made for the ribbon to go through - you can see this better on the back of the card seen here.
























This image shows the inside of the card fully opened. You can see the flap on the right hand side.





I have a picture of the panels to show you separately. This is the closed inside panel on the left hand side.

The sentiment is from the Kaisercraft "Save the Date" 6 x 6 inch paper pad onto which is a Star cut with a Sizzix Die.

Papers shown are from the Basics Paper 12 x 12 inch Pack.










Here is the panel opened up and was cut with a Sizzix Pop N Cuts  Label insert as well as the Flagpole from a Sizzix decorative strip die.

The Design Paper is from Cosmo Cricket, and I also added a couple more white resin flowers to the centre label.










These two panels form the centre of the bag which get folded up inside the bag when it is closed.

I used Spellbinders Dies to create the medallions and the sentiments were created on my computer and printed out.

There are also a couple of lovely charms bought recently at My2Angels. I also have used some Kaisercraft Magnolia Grove collectibles die cuts.







I just love this Japanese Design Paper. It is original Origami paper bought from an Australian Japanese paper supplier who buys direct from Japan which I have had for years and used infrequently because it is so lovely.

I was asked to reference the song ...
".... we are turning Japanese I really think so ..."











Here is the video clip I mentioned:





Here are some of the main ingredients I used to make this card:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...