Thursday 18 April 2013

Gearing Up for Your Birthday - Robot Style

G'day to you. Great that you could pop in to read my Blog and see what I have been doing in my Crafty Corner! We are definitely into winter here in New South Wales and grateful today for a lovely sunny day with temperatures in the early twenties; it is the mornings and the evenings that get chilly!

Today I have two more Pop-Up cards and a video clip to show you. I used similar ingredients yet the cards are quite different. Take a look .....

Card # 1







The base of these cards uses Bazzill Kraft card stock which I cut using the Pop N Cuts Die Base. On top I used a Kaisercraft Technologic 6 x 6 Paper Pack and a Creative Memories Hexagon punch to make the Hexagon shapes. The Robot is from the Layered Chipboard pack that is part f the Kaisercraft collection.
















On the inside of the card I used a variety of Gear Dies both from Spellbinders and Sizzix as well as a few metal ones from Tim Holtz Idea-ology.

I used chipboard (I wouldn't recommend this when using the Spellbinders dies) which worked well with the Sizzix Bigz dies.

The papers are from Kaisercraft Technologic 6 x 6 Paper Pack, which I stuck together first and then cut with the labels Pop N Cuts die.























A closer view of the gears that I made. I coloured the chipboard with Adirondack Gold, Silver and Copper Mixatives inks and I think they look great. I was after a metallic look and I think I achieved that - what do you think?













Card # 2



The second of my two cards is shown here. The dark background looked Navy when in fact it is black - (Kaisercraft Liquorice weave 12 x 12 card stock) probably something to do with the available light when I took the picture.

I used a Sizzix Textured Impressions Rivet Embossing Folder to give the metallic sheet effect.

More hexagons and a chipboard Robot completed the front of the card.


















This is the inside of the second card and again you can see that I have used the "Gears" with more papers from the Technologic Paper pad. I also added a hand written sentiment on the left side of the card.








A closer view of the gears which I stuck to the card using 3D - foam pads for added dimension.












Here is the promised video clip:



The main ingredients I used to make these two cards:




Thanks for dropping by and reading Today's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...