Tuesday 2 April 2013

A Pair of Pop-Ups

Hello, I hope you and yours had a Fabulous Easter and enjoyed all the chocolate eggs and other goodies that this time of year sees us enjoying. I know some of my good friends will also have gone to Church to celebrate the truth, hope and meaning of the resurrection. It is good to know that many people can find their own way of marking these special occasions.

Today I have another pair of Pop-Up  cards to show you as well as a video clip. So if you haven't already, grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy.

Just a note: All the images I have backed onto either a Peach or Teal background to make them easier to see the colours are not part of the cards.

CARD 1 of 2


As I am using 12 x 12 Papers and Cardstock, I made a pair of these Pop-Up Cards. What I did do was mix up the plain and the patterned cardstock to create two different looking cards.

This is the front of one of them using the plain cardstock from the First Edition "Isabelle" 12 x 12 Paper Card stack. I'll show you  it all in detail before showing you the front and details of the second card made.

The band shown the centre was cut from a piece of the patterned paper I matched it with.

The Circle was from Kaisercraft Collectables - Sweet Nothings the ribbon and sentiment are from my stash.













Here's the inside.

I used the label Pop-Up insert and placed a piece (scrap) of pale pink shimmer paper over the shape and then fussy cut it to fit.


At the bottom I used a sizzix decorative strip "Vintage Lace" and added the centre of the Fancy Frame die, cut for another card.

























The Heart Paper Clip is from the Love set of Framelit dies. The centre sentiment was stamped using a Hero Arts set of stamps onto a pink piece of card stock (from the off-cuts of the Fancy Frame die cut) and edges inked with Vintage Photo ink. I stamped Happy first then re stamped just the Birthday so the words would fit inside the oval.

















This is a home-made Rosette which I have had for ages; as one morning I made a whole heap of them - this one fitted perfectly.














CARD 2 of 2








Here's the other card front. Here I've used the patterned paper on the outside and added the Fancy Frame piece in the middle with a liquid pearl at each side.


















Closer view of the Fancy Frame die.


















On the inside I used the Sizzix "Hello" Pop-Up insert and layered another "Hello" word die cut using a piece of scrap card stock on the top.

The emellishments are from the Kaisercraft Collectables - Magnolia Grove and Sweet Nothings (including the bird - which I really like - as well as the other image at the bottom of the card).

The Ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon from one if my subscription packs.























I saw (apologies cannot re-call where) on either Pinterest or a Blog that someone had placed another die on top of the "shelf" of the Pop-Up; so I decided to play and made one of my own. I used a Spellbinders Eyelet die and then folding it in half and cutting it to make some ledges for the embellishments to stick to.













Here is the video clip I promised:



The main ingredients I used to make these cards:



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...