Wednesday 15 July 2015

Happy Birthday (Purple stained glass window technique) card

Hello, my blogging family and friends. Can you believe it, two days in a row for me. As I mentioned yesterday I have a number of these "Stained Glass Window" type cards to show you and this is the second. There's an old saying about cooking for a family and that is cooking for a few more makes no difference. I think that worked with these cards, whilst I was glueing and glittering on one I might as well be doing a few more whilst I was at it!

So here's today's card:
































I used a piece of Kaisercraft Grape weave cardstock as the contrast to the white cardstock that I used to make this card. The die is another of Sue Wilson's (Creative Expressions) Noble collection Ornate pierced rectangles die. The embossing folder used is another Sue Wilson product from her range of A4 Embossing Folders - The "Checkboard" folder.

























Using the central die of the set I cut out the medallion in white cardstock then adhered clear acetate behind it. Using the Art Institute glue and glitter (in Blackberry, Pale Pink and Gold) I tuned the medallion over and glittered behind the cut out shapes, as and when the glue dries the twinkly glitter shines through on the right side - it's fun to watch it gradually appear.








To make the sentiment, I used a Cottage Cutz die in the Grape coloured cardstock then backed it with the smallest of the Spellbinders Circle Delight die cut out using white cardstock.





















The flowers I will admit are shop bought. I've had them for ages. I think it was at the Brisbane Expo a few years back.
At the back of the flowers I used some gorgeous dark mauve Tulle. The leaves are the Spellbinders Spig dies also die cut using white card stock.



















The main ingredients I used to make this card:



Thanks for stopping by to read today's post. I have a few more cards just like this one to show you. So more to come.

1 comment:

  1. this card is so pretty Sally-ann. i love the technique and will have to have a go. love the embossing folder design too. all beautiful.best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...