Monday 27 July 2015

Have a Hoot Birthday Card

Hi, how are you today? I hope you have had a great Monday and are looking forward to your week ahead.

Today's card is one of those I made over the weekend when I was in my crafting space enjoying just playing and experimenting with dies and stamps.

Here is my card:




























I began by folding an A4 sheet of white cardstock in half and cutting it into an oval shaped card by using a Spellbinders Grand Oval die. I then used the same die and its smaller counterpart to create a green oval ring using the American Crafts pastel cardstock pack.













I added this fantastic Grosgrain green and black striped wired edge ribbon to the card base.


On top I added 4 pieces I cut from the Sue Wilson Petite Arched Adornment die in white cardstock. (Actually they were an experiment - I had cut them for another card but somehow I didn't use them... until now!)


























I cut a frame using the Austrian collection Innsbruck die cut with white cardstock which I backed with the oval cut from the Spellbinders Oval Floral. in the pale green cardstock.

I stamped the sentiment onto white cardstock, coloured it with Distress ink and cut it out with a small oval die.

The bow I tied separately and added it to the side of the card.





















I just love this little chap. Owls seem to be very on trend right now. He just seemed to leap out at me when I was looking for a central feature of this card.
I stamped the image with a Memento Black Tuxedo ink pad and coloured it with Copics


















I used this stamp on the inside of the card as the sentiment. A freebie from one of my Magazine subscriptions. I also coloured it with my Copics.











The main ingredients that I used to make this card were:




Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you like my card ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...