Tuesday 16 October 2012

Groovy "Snow People" - Part 1

Hi. It's been a while since my last post and I have been busy making cards AND getting my Crafting Space organised. I needed more space for storing my stash, so we bought more storage and I have begun to get it all in place. When I am done - hopefully some time this week I'll show you some pictures.

For now I'll show you some cards I have made using a series of stamps from JustRite Stampers. I have included four cards here. They all are similar in structure; I have just tweaked them a bit with different Design Paper. I am starting with my Christmas cards, I'll have to really get going with these so they don't get left 'til the last minute.

So here are my Cards. I'll describe the process in brief then you can see how I varied it.




I began by using two colours from the Kaisercraft Weave card range - Latte and Cookie. I used the Cookie colour for the base of my card as it is the slightly darker colour. I used the Latte colour and the  Cuttlebug "Snowflake" embossing folder to create the first layer.

My first card used a sheet of design paper from a free 6 x 6 paper pad I received with a magazine called Forever Christmas Cards from HOTP.

My second card used a sheet of SEI - Kris Kringle Paper.

My third card used a sheet of design paper from a free 6 x 6 paper pad I received with a magazine called Christmas Collection from Raspberry Road Designs.

My fourth card used a sheet from Kaisercraft Mint Twist 6.5 x 6.5 paper pad.

The "Snow People" are four stamps from JustRite Stampers called "The Groovy Snowman" set (better hurry with these if you want to get them as they are selling them at a greatly reduced price). I coloured them all with Copic pens and cut them out using a Spellbinders Circle Die.

The lace I purchased at Lincraft in Sydney and the ivory coloured ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon - it is the "Grosgrain" type.

The sentiment (I used a different stamp from the set inside the cards) is from Waltzingmouse Stamps called "Compliments of the season".

Here is a more detailed description of the ingredients I used:


There you have it!
I have a few more cards to show you from this set and I'll include them in my next post.
Thanks for stopping by to have a look at my cards. Until next time be safe and take care!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...