Friday 23 November 2012

A series of Christmas Cards using a Holly Background stamp

Hello! I do so hope this Blog post finds you in good spirits and feeling on top of life! I have been away for a few days visiting our lovely Grandchildren and their Mum and Dad. We had such a great time. We went to see a couple of Theatre shows over the weekend.




On Sunday we took Marley (our Granddaughter) and Tiffany to see Legally Blonde starring Lucy Durack as Elle Woods. The show was playing at the Lyric Theatre in Sydney. It was a real hoot! The best fun was when we went to the stage door and Marley was able to get autographs from the stars of the show.












Today I have some Christmas cards to show you. I was greatly inspired by Marisa Job and how she used a JustRite Stampers Holly Background stamp. So I made a few and these are what I will show you.







































This card was made by stamping the background twice and using pieces from the second stamping to create the bits for the decoupage I needed. I coloured everything with my Copics and it seemed at one point that I was colouring for Australia!! There was a lot to do (I made a bulk number of 6!!!!).





Above you can see a few of the others I made; showing how the Petaloo red and white poinsettias look on the cards - or indeed a combination of both.




Here's a card in the series where I used decorative Christmas buttons (From Spotlight) for variety.


The border is another JustRite border stamp which I cut out using one of the Spellbinders Edgeabilities dies. Once everything was coloured and decoupaged I layered all my pieces with scarlet Kaiser Craft weave card stock and then placed onto white card stock.

I added a string of pearls around the edge, another couple of larger pearls in the central design and a little Crystal Stickles to give it a little sparkle.













The central medallion is a stamp from Waltzing Mouse stamps and is one of my favourite of their sets.










Details for some of the main ingredients that I used:








I hope you like my cards, they were fun to make and they look just yummy.
Thanks for calling in to see my cards ......






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...