Sunday 11 November 2012

Desmae's Birthday Card Number 3

... and here it is; the third of the Birthday cards that were made for Desmae's 70th Celebrations.
It is similar to a card I have posted previously. This card is actually the FIRST of this particular type that I have ever made. It's success was what spurred me on to make the second card for Ngaire.

So here is the card, I have placed my images on a Blue background so that you can see them better.


This is a "Starfold" card - the instructions to make it can be found HERE. There is also a YouTube Tutorial which cab be found HERE.
I cut the base card at 40cm not 30cm as is suggested in the instructions. I used an A2 White card sheet I purchased from Office works for the base.



The back of the card I kept plain.
The brief was to include 3 areas of interest for Desmae.
The first is her connection to the Dorrigo Sweet Shop (which her Daughter Claire owns).
The second is her connection to Politics as she is a Bellingen Shire Councillor.
The third is her connection to the Tree, Plant and Flower Nursery she and her husband Richard own and run in Megan, Dorrigo.












The images on the first Flap depicts her "Nursery" interests.
I added a wire butterfly (purchased at Spotlight) to the top flap which is visible when the card is folded closed.
















This image of Little Sweetie Jars (filled with Glass Beads) on the second Flap depicts her "Sweet Shop" interests.
The Happy Birthday sentiment was stamped using Papercraft celebrations stamp set.




















This image of part of the Dorrigo Plateau and the Bellingen Shire Council logo on the third Flap depicts her Political interests.
The embellishment is from a set of stickers from Little Birdie Handmade Boutique Elements from Lincraft Australia Pty Ltd QC1938.















This is the image at the centre of her card, using Just Rite Stampers and Papercraft Celebrations stamps.

The Design Papers used throughout the card design are from K & Company "Juliana Lilacs" by Brenda Walton (I believe are now out of print).















I will be back at a later time with a more detailed list of the ingredients I used to make this card.

UPDATE: Here is the list of the majority of ingredients I used:



I do hope you liked this card; I know Desmae was thrilled to receive all three for her Birthday. It was so nice to see her reaction when she opened them all. Usually this is not something I see first hand as the cards I make are often sent by others to their recipients.

Thanks for stopping by to read this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...