Wednesday 13 February 2013

A Concertina Box Card for Ella

Hello my Blogger friends how are you? Thanks for your patience in waiting for this posting. We were away for a lovely week together on Lord Howe Island. This is a place that is about 550 kilometers from the Eastern Coast of New South Wales here in Australia - indeed it is considered to be part of the NSW state. We had a lovely time and we enjoyed all the things this lovely island had to offer.

Today I have another Concertina Box card and a video to share with you. The card was commissioned by the same person for whom I created Lucy's Card. In fact this card is for Lucy's older sister Ella. I was asked to make it in Black and White and to create a "Keepsake" card; one that Ella could add things to as a Keepsake of a special life event (first time away from home for a week) that she was just about to experience.


Here is the outer box which contains the card. I made this from an A3 sheet of Black card stock available from office works

I used a page from a DCWV Black & White 6 x 6 Design Paper Pad to decorate the box.

Some Black & White Gingham ribbon and a couple of Spellbinders Parisian Accents Die cuts with a Pearl on top.









The base of the box shows how I covered the ribbon by placing the same design paper on the base which means the ribbon will not fall off.













Here is the card taken out of the box.

























Here is the back of the card.














This photo gives an overview of the whole card.

















On the inside right panel of the card. It has a Pop-Up feature and at the top are two tags.



















Here is the Pop-Up feature opened up.





















This photo shows the Pop-Up feature fully extended.































Here are the two tags that slot in at the top of the card.



















Inside the concertina box I placed a Memory Box die cut and then drew an E in the centre of it. I also added two charms to the box - a handbag and a pair of Thongs.












Inside the box I place a few tags made for Ella. I was particularly pleased with the little Ballerina. I  made her from card coloured her with Copics and added a piece of lace which I coloured with dark coloured Copics.

I also was able to find a large Wooden E which I painted with Black Kaiser Craft paint and then covered with some pearl ribbon.








Here is a video that shows this card:



Main ingredients for this card:

InLinkz
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked this card for Ella.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...