Sunday 31 March 2013

Popping Up to say Happy Birthday

Hello there. Today is Easter Sunday (as I write this post), so may I wish you and your loved ones Blessings for a Happy Easter. It has been a relaxing day for us and I must admit we couldn't wait for our White Chocolate Easter Bunny so we ate it last night! It was delicious!

I have been really inspired by lots of people and their Pop-Up cards and I decided to have a go myself. Today's  post shows you a pair of Pop-Up cards I have made as well as a supporting video clip. So go grab a cup of your favourite beverage and have a read.


This is the front of the card.
I used some creative memories die cuts at the top and bottom edges of the card, I must say I have had these since 2004 and they came in handy today!

The paper I used is from First Edition 12 x 12 "Isabelle" paper pack. Gorgeous papers and this was just one of the sheets. You'll see more of it when I show you inside the card;. here I just cut around some of the Hexagon shapes as an embellishment.

In the centre I used a Karen Burniston (Sizzix) die, which I am coming to absolutely adore. I used DCWV card stock and some shimmer paper that I have had in my stash (these were scraps that I used).
The Happy Birthday sentiment was one from my collection of pre-cut sentiments.







As I used 12 x 12 Papers and Card stock (DCWV) it meant I could make two cards at once, so the two cards I made have similar fronts. On the inside they are different - have a look and see what I mean ....





























So for the card on the left I used a Label insert and the card on the right I used a Circle insert. I then decorated them both in similar but slightly different ways. Both had the Birds on a Wire added to them (I love this decorative strip from Sizzix!). Both included the Heart Paperclip from the "Love" framelits (see the ingredients listed below).

Isn't the paper pretty? I really like it and it is a beautiful weight.

Here is the video clip for these two cards that I promised to include earlier:




The main ingredients I used for this card:




Thanks for stopping by to read my Blog. Have a Fantastic Easter and enjoy the rest and relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...