Wednesday 17 July 2013

A Birthday card for Catherine

Hello, how are you?
I have a lovely Birthday card to share with you today. It was another commission for a friend from a friend.


I was told the person in question likes the Beach and will often pick up shells as she walks along the water's edge. I have this gorgeous Just Rite Stamp called Sea Shell Bay Labels Twenty Two which I felt would be ideal. Plus I had some great inspiration for this card from Linda Lucas.

I used a few shells I had collected from a beach as well as those I made with the stamp set. I used a memento rich cocoa ink pad and a variety of "E" Copics, then some clear enamel on top to add dimension.

The net is actually a medical dressing from my first aid box that I added a variety of Tim Holtz blue and green distressed stains and inks to.

I also created the first letter of her name using Kaisercraft pale green rhinestones as well as dotting a few pearls on the page.











On the inside of the card I used a lovely sentiment, a few more shells and more of the medical net.




















I really love the seahorse, so I re-stamped this a couple of times, stuck them together, coloured the top one and then added dimensional gloss enamel.















Here are the main ingredients that I used to make this card:




Thanks for stopping by to read my blog today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...