Monday 15 July 2013

An Indian Wedding Card

G'day to you. I hope you enjoyed your weekend and are feeling refreshed and ready for the coming week. I have a card to share with you today which is a rather rushed commission that I received on Saturday 13th July (just gone) for this coming Saturday 20th July. It also had another little twist in as much it is for an Indian wedding. Thank goodness for Google!
The first thing I did was check out Indian Wedding Cards, most are produced commercially but at least it gave me an idea. Next I knew Ganesha was the deity that I needed understand more about and explore further. When I researched I found it was OK to include an image as Lord Ganesh, whilst having his own celebrations, is revered at most Indian celebrations and festivities.

So here's my card:





I decided on a Gatefold style of card. The colours red and gold are very popular with wedding cards (my research told me) so I used Kaisercraft Scarlet weave cardstock as my base. I used gold strips (peel offs) for the edges.
The swirls are from Fabscraps (organic twirl) and are chipboard that I used my Art Institute Glitter system to cover in Gold.





I found this lovely image on Google. Enough of a reference without causing offence as I am not knowledgeable enough to know if certain colours are appropriate and I wanted this reference to be fairly discreet.

The other reason I placed this here is that it held (disguised) my magnet mechanism (Basic Grey Magnets) that holds the card closed.

Again I used my glitter around the edge and on the inside of the circle.

The colour in this photo looks a bit pink, however the colours do match my papers very well.





















When you open the card this is what you see. I purchased the two people from Dreamstime - they are an stock photography/ image company. This particular image was the best of what I could find for my needs. I manipulated it a little in a graphics program so that they were looking across at each other.









Here is the image of "The Bride". I fussy cut her out and used a gold spica gel pen on her clothing and necklace.
I used the Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles S5-161 on some holographic gold card I had in my stash then placed her with some foam pads on top to add some dimension.



















I treated "The Groom" in the same way as the bride and placed them on the outside folds  of the Gate fold card.














For the centre panel I created a sentiment on my PC then cut a panel in Gold Mirri card from Spellbinders 5 x 7 Enchanted Labels 28. I traced around the inside of the die on my sentiment, fussy cut this out and then matted it onto the Mirri card with foam dimensional pads.


The two little hearts I bought from My2Angels ages ago and I popped them on the sides of the central panel.























Here is the reverse of the card opened out so you can see the folded flaps.






This little charm is so adorable on the reverse it says "Home Sweet Home", I just thought it fitted so I added it to the back of the card as a little finishing touch.













Here are the main ingredients for this card:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...