Monday 17 November 2014

A square aperture Christmas card

Hello how are you?

Today's' card I think is gorgeous, but that's only my opinion. It is very much inspired by Sue Wilson and of course I used her dies to make it.

Here it is:




































Isn't it pretty? I began with a square piece of white card stock and cut out an aperture using the Sue Wilson Italian Collection Tuscany die twice.






The piece of card that remained I embossed using an A4 checkboard embossing folder.









I stuck this embossed layer to a prepared mat with foam tape raising it to give it some dimension. Then using the whole piece cut from the aperture and  another I cut out separately back into the aperture.

The matted base layers are the card itself made using white card stock, then a layer of Kaisercraft scarlet weave card stock then a pierced layer of white card stock.

Once most of the card was together I worked on the middle piece.











This time I used the Sue Wilson Italian Collection decorative frames dies and alternated the colours of the layers as you can see here.



















At the centre I had stamped the sentiment with a memento Tuxedo Black ink pad using a Just Rite stamp. Adding some iced show around the outer edge.



















On the bottom left edge I added some faux quilled leaves in white and some small red Petaloo poinsettias.



















I kept the inside of the card fairly simple adding a strip of read and white polka dot ribbon and another sentiment using a Hero Art stamp.










Here are the main ingredients I used ot make this card:



Thanks for stopping by to read today's post, I hope you like this card as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...