Thursday 25 September 2014

A Woodland Deer Christmas Card

Hello dear blogging family and friends, I hope I find you well and in good form.

Today I have a Christmas card to show you .... here it is:





















I used Kaisercraft scarlet weave card stock as the base of my card. I used my new Sizzix Decorative strip dies to make the woodland deer scene for the bottom of my card. I cut it twice in brown first then in green and layered the green on top of the brown. Then used a white paint marker to add the snow effect. On the top of the card I used an Elizabeth Craft design stand up die placed on some card stock from my stash, the white layer I used a pokey tool to add some faux stitching/



Here's a closer look at the die cut.
I used my W1 & W3 copic sketch marker to add a little depth and dimension. The same white paint marker for marks on the backs of the deer.
Then added a little gold start on top of the Christmas Trees.
The red and white polka dot ribbon I bought from my local Spotlight store.






On the inside of the card, I added the bit of the strip that was left over from the front of the card with a label cut from an ECD accordion die.







Here are the main ingredients that I used to make my card:


Thanks for stopping by to read today's post. I hope you like my card, the decorative strip die looks fiddly but really it wasn't. It looks effective though don't you think? This was a quick card to put together and worth trying if you have the die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...