Monday 8 September 2014

If I had a Star for every time you made me smile, ....

Hello blogging friends and family. I hope your weekend was Magolicious and your Monday has also gone well too.
I am obviously on a roll as I have another card to show you - two days in a row, my goodness!
Clare if you get to read this post, this card is the consequence of you introducing me to Sue Wilson. She creates some beautiful dies and has some great ideas on how to use them.
For those of you who don't know Clare is my sister based in the UK and we always talk crafting when we have our weekly call on Sundays and I know she reads this blog when she has a moment or two.

This card has been HUGELY influenced by Sue Wilson but the final layout is my own! See what you think.

Here it is:


I purchased some American Crafts pastel card stock which has some beautiful colours in the pack of 60 sheets, this blue was one of the particularly gorgeous ones in a sky blue that caught my eye.

I used an A3 sheet of white Quill card stock as my card ended up being 9 x 6.5 inches.

I used spacing ranging from a quarter of an inch or an eighth of an inch between the matted layers of blue and white.


The panels of blue and white were made using Spellbinders Timeless and Radiant Rectangles dies.





On the first white matt I used a pokey tool and a Tim Holtz ruler to make the faux stitching around the edge.






I stamped the Quietfire stamp with some distressed ink and cut the image out using a Spellbinders Circle die.

I then cut two Catalina Wreaths using the memory box die and layered them on top of the sentiment.

I finished off the central medallion with some Kaisercraft pearls.






Using the Sue Wilson Filigree Finishing Touches 3D bow die I made the ribbon and then placed a pearl on top.

Just behind it I placed some delicate fine pale blue tulle.





Here is another look at the bow at the bottom of the card.







 Here are the main ingredients that I used to make this card:



Thanks so much for stopping by to read today's post, I hope you like my card, I certainly enjoyed making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...