Wednesday 24 September 2014

Santa is on his way - Christmas Card

Hello blogging friends and family, how are you? Today I have had my Mum in my thoughts quite a lot. It would have been my Mothers 82nd Birthday today were she still alive. Your Mum never leaves you does she? I suppose because I live in Australia and she was in the UK;  I still have this vague sense that she is still with us, just somewhere else on this planet. I often find myself talking to her. Moments of magic I call them.

Today I have a Christmas card to share with you. I got my inspiration from a card on Pinterest, here is my version of it.





























I also used the technique of creating a faux stitched edge on the base mat which I have been inspired to do since seeing some of Sue Wilson's cards. The darker blue mats was creaed from Kaisercraft Denim weave card stock.





The centre piece of my card was cut out using a Spellbinders Majestic labels 25 die.
The surrounding piece left I then put through a Swiss Dots embossing folder. Foam dots on the back meant it had some dimension.








I cut the "Moon" out using a Spellbinders circle die and then used some Perfect pearls which I smudges to give it a moon-like surface.

The Blue background paper was from a HOTP Paper pad that I have had for ages and this paper suited my purpose beautifully.












In the corner I used an ECD Merry Christmas Die.














I used a JRS Christmas stamp with Black Memento ink pad for inside the card and a piece of Polka Dot ribbon that I purchased at Spotlight.











Here are the main ingredients that I used to make this card:




Thanks for stopping by today to read my post....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...