Saturday 30 March 2013

A Spellbinders Flip Card

Hi there, how’re you today? It has been a couple of days since I last posted anything to my Blog and I have a few cards “in the wings” to show you, so I must make time to post them!
Today is one such card. I was experimenting with my Spellbinders Dies and some inspiration from Christina Griffiths. The card I have to show you is a result of those two things coming together. It is one of Three that I made and I will show them individually on my Blog. You can see all three in the video clip I have attached.
The Burgundy A4 card stock is some I have had for ages; and when I say ages I mean it was in my stash when I was in the UK and that’s a minimum of 8 years ago! It is a really rich Burgundy colour and ideal to contrast with some cream shimmer paper from HOTP.




There are a several dies used to make this card.

Spellbinders Parisian Accents and Motifs – S5-034 and 035.

Spellbinders Foliage S4-328 and Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms S5-086.

Although the camera doesn't pick it up I also used a Spellbinders Flower Delight Grand  Impressabilities 8” x 11” die – GI - 005.


The card is A5 in size.










This photo shows the card as it appears when it is opened. I used a E-Z Metallic Foil Rub-On Transfer (Congratulation Strips Silver)

Also Opal White liquid Pearls, which I notice take on the same hew as the colour of the card stock you place them on, so these turned a very light lilac as they dried.













On the inside and for the writing panel I overlaid two of the round tags from Parisian Accents at the centre of the larger medallion from the Parisian Motifs.


















I got the hang of making the flowers from the Bitty Blossoms dies and once glued I sprinkled Glitter on them as well as used some Crystal Stickles.


To finish off the card I added a Purple piece of organza ribbon (from my stash).















The Video clip which shows this and the two others I made using my Spellbinders Dies:




Here are the main ingredients I used to make my card:




Thanks for stopping by today, I'll be sure to post those cards that I have waiting in the wings ...

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are so creative and beatiful. I have so many of these dies and never really tried anything like this. Now I think I will take the plunge and try one of your designs. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...