Monday 18 March 2013

Vertical TP Mini Album

Hi, how are you? I haven't posted for a while as I have been preparing for my stall at the up and coming Made in Dorrigo Day, next Saturday March 23rd. Needless to say I now have a view posts to share with you that show the results of some of my labours! Today is no exception.

I have something a little different to share with you today. It is a Mini Album - with a little secret.
All will be revealed!! There are a few photos, a video, some links as to where I got my own inspiration and of course my ingredients list. So ... go grab a cup of your favourite beverage and settle in for a few minutes R & R.

This is it. The front of the Mini Album. I used Kaisercraft Sweet Treats 12 x 12 Paper Pack for the entire album.

The Dark Pink Gingham Ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

The Tutorial to make this is shown in the You Tube Links near the end of my post. Ginger from Mt Sisters Scrapper gives great instructions.








The reverse side of the Mini Album.





















The Mini Album opened up fully. I used a little Carl punch to create the covers for the holes in the top where the ribbon loops through.







The First of six pockets.






The second of six pockets - some of these images are better than others!

I used the same Gingham - 5/8ths width as I did on the top of the album. The Lime green card stock is from DCWV and the Spellbinders Die is one of the smallest dies in the Fleur De Lis Squares S4-318 series.

The pretty little scallop is from the Sweet Treats paper which I fussy cut out, punched the holes and cut out the little heart shape to reveal the cardstock behind.














Yes  you've guessed it, this is the third of the six.
I used Spellbinders Floral Doily Accents S5-040 to make the centre piece again using DCWV card stock.


















Pocket number Four. Decorated very similarly as pocket two.





















Pocket number Five. Decorated very similarly as pocket three.





















Lastly pocket six decorated similarly to pocket two and four. For some reason my editing program changed the lovely pink heart to a black one - no idea why!!












Inside each of the pockets are Tags.
I used a variety of Spellbinders Dies including Floral Ovals, Lacey Rectangles, Floral Doily accents and
Lace Doily accents S5-062.

Some ribbon and lace from my stash finished them off. On the reverse I cut more white blanks and inked the edges with an Antique Linen Distress ink pad.




















This is the side view and I wanted to point out the use of Basic Grey's Magnetic closures these are a fabulous way of closing this little album.

Here is my Video Clip of this Mini Album - BTW - the secret is that the pockets are made from Toilet Paper Rolls - hence why it is called a "Vertical TP Mini Album" great way to re-cycle huh!


Here are the links to Ginger's Fabulous Tutorials. There are Three in total.


Part 1: This shows you how to make the pockets and how to create the frame of the album using chip board

CLICK HERE
Part 2: This clip shows you how to add your pockets to the album (using a great hinge idea from Laura Denison at Following the Paper Trail) as well as how to finish your project.

CLICK HERE
Ginger shows a quick review of her finished project


The main ingredients I used to make this project:





Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a great week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...