Monday 24 December 2012

A Christmas "Card" for Gail

Hi, thanks for stopping by. I cannot believe that we are on the 21st December already with Christmas Day just around the corner. I am also very optimistic and hopeful that any Mayan belief about today being the final day is a myth and one that will remain. I hope so because on Sunday 23rd we are going to see Les Miserables at the Cinema! Can't wait! The movie has had such great reviews and we have seen the stage version so many times including on Broadway and London.

I have a quick posting for you today. It is a Christmas "card" commissioned by Dave for his wife Gail. As I know Gail I also know she likes things to be different and unusual, so I thought this "card" may do the trick. I have also done a video - which I will apologise now for as I filmed it thinking I was using the old camera so it is filmed upside down - Ha Ha! Lessons leaned. However by the very nature of this "card" it may not be too bad.

Here it is:
































It's really pretty and is a Hexagonal Exploding Box Card. This explains why I have previously wrote "card" when I described it.
This card required lots of cutting and decoupage skills and then the final addition of Stickles Crystal Glitter.

More pictures:





Side view showing decoupage topping of the poinsettia.
















Lid now off and first sighting of the inside of the card.


















All the petals fall open to reveal the inside of the card - the video clip does give you a better view of this feature of the card.


















I took an image of the bottom of the card to show that it is just as lovely as the rest of the card.















Here is the video clip I promised you .....



Thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm amazed! What a beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen. It's so very lovely to receive your comments.
      Sally-Ann x

      Delete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...