Friday 14 December 2012

Get well soon Clare - A "Foot" card

Hi again.
I am doing a couple of posts today as I have some different cards that I'd like to share with you.
On more personal news - yesterday the 13th December 2012 saw all three of the Girls in my family, my twin sisters (I'm not a twin but have identical twin sisters!) and I had some sort of orthopaedic intervention done ! How incredible is that - spooky huh? All on the same day - OK just in different time zones...

Caroline (the oldest Twin sister by 10 minutes - yes they are identical twins) was having an Arthroscopy done in Jersey in the Channel islands.

I had a Cortisone injection in my right knee. The left is also receiving attention too but this will all culminate in a review by the consultant surgeon on the 18th December 2012 with, I suspect, an Arthroscopy happening early next year!

Then my youngest sister had the biggest trial of the three of us. Clare had her hip replaced. She has had two artroscopies done on both her knees and now they know it's her hips that are giving her the most difficulty.

It is with Clare in mind that I have this card to show you. I am not sure if she has received it yet, but as I know she's in Hospital she'll be receiving it soon anyway and won't see this post for a few days.
Here it is:


 I thought it rather appropriate given all that we were experiencing on the 13th. I came across the idea on a visit to a Crafting and Haberdashery store in Sydney and thought I'd give the idea a go.


The base of the card is made from Fun Foam (purchased from an art shop (Riot & Craft) that sells all sorts for children and adults) and I cut out the shape I had drawn and then pushed the toe piece (just like the real thing) through a hole (I made with my Japanese Screw hole punch) to make it look like a real Thong or Flip Flop (depends on where you are as to what you call it - I've had lots of discussions with my DBM (Daughter By Marriage) about this!!) I then added a Daisy Button on top of another foam scrap which I cut out with scissors and then adhered to the straps of the shoe using very strong glue.



For the card itself, which slots into the Thong/Flip Flop I drew the shape on some patterned paper from my stash, then fussy cut it out. On the top as you can see, I added Clare's name by using foam letters (I have a collection of these as my Grandchildren love them!!) which again I adhered with strong glue.






On the other side of the card piece I added a little handwritten sentiment and a little Ballerina. I hope that will make Clare smile!







Here's a close up of the little Ballerina.

This came in a set of Cup Cake holders purchased at Dymocks Book Store on a trip to Sydney.

I removed the tooth pick which was originally what the ballerina was adhered to.

I'll show you the box and description details next.






















Here's the box they came in - aren't they just adorable? I couldn't help myself!!

















This is the description label on the back of the box.











Well I hope she likes it when she received it! Hope you liked it too. Thanks for stopping by again today to see what I had made her.


Just a little post script if I may. Today a very close friend told me she had been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She'd welcome your kindest thoughts and prayers. Her name is Linda Harrison and she lives in the UK, some who visit my blog will know her. She is upbeat and full of courage and will get to hear the next stages of her medical rite of passage in the next few days. I'll keep you posted.
Lots of big hugs to you Loobie xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...