Friday 14 December 2012

Made in Dorrigo Day 8th December 2012

Hi, I hope this posting finds you safe, well and in good health. I have heard from a few close friends just recently that they have sad news regarding their health; it's something we can never take for granted.

A quick Posting for now to show you some pictures of this Years Pre-Christmas Made in Dorrigo day. The day is held approximately every quarter, on Saturday mornings from 8.00 - 2.00pm.
All the stallholders bring their wares that must be (as a pre-requisite) produced or made in Dorrigo - hence the theme. We are a small beautiful town on the Mid-North Coast of NSW, on the Eastern seaboard of Australia; residing on a plateau 762metres above sea level with officially 1192 people.  You can find out more about us HERE. We are very proud of our little town!

I have some images to show you today of the event or more particularly my stall and an image of people and their stalls either side of mine.
Here they are .... enjoy!






Frits took a few pictures when we suddenly remembered to do so. My stall looks a bit depleted her, delighted to say many were sold, and it was so good to catch up with locals and meet some of the lovely visitors making the trip to come up the mountain to see us!














How lovely to see my Customers coming back time and time again for more of my cards. It's always such a pleasure to be asked to make cards for special events in people's lives. This year I created a little book showing images of the special commissions people had asked me to create for them. It gives others an opportunity to see what else I can get creative with!








Here you can see one or two of the stalls that were situated on the main street in Dorrigo (Hickory Street).

Misty Threads is a great shop for all the materials you might need to create beautiful Quilts and other crafts. Here you see Rosemary busy with a Customer.

Just up from Misty Threads is a lovely lady called Simone.  Here you would have found a stall showcasing the most gorgeous candles and they smell divine - all sorts of fragrances and colours to choose from.












I am showing you this picture because it gives you a view of the people on this side of Hickory street. You can see the stall selling all sorts of home made handmade items on the right of my stall. This lady made lovely Marmalade!
















And there you have it. A good day was had by one and all. The weather held out for us despite weather forecasts saying we would be expecting rain showers. These came just as we all packed up and were away at 2.15pm.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are having a great time wherever you find yourself now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...