Saturday 15 December 2012

Happy Birthday Clare

A warm welcome and Hello from down under - how are you?
I have a Birthday card to show you today. It is for my sister Clare. I spoke with her yesterday at her hospital bedside, she went into have her hip replacement operation at 09.00am on the 13th and she and I are both glad that it all went really well. She sounded lively when we briefly spoke.
Clare's birthday is actually on the 14th and as I had posted a couple of things already I didn't want to burden you - so kept this posting until now.

Here is her card:




This is a Sizzix Pop N Cuts card.

I decided I'd like to make a "Girlie" card so used pink card stock from a First Edition card stock pack called  "Isabelle" for the card base.

The cream ribbon was from my stash as was the Special Sister sentiment.


















Here's a close up view of the flourish I used which is a Sizzix sizzlet die on a sheet of Kaisercraft December 25th paper.















When you open up the card you see the Pop Up Feature created by the Pop N Cuts base die with the Flower insert as well as the Flower sizzlits dies used as toppers to the basic cut of the card.

The inside card is also from the Isabelle Card pack.



























A closer view of the flowers in the middle of the card. I used scraps of pink card in two tones to make the flowers. At their centres I used Pearl Brads.














The green flourishes were cut from some stash scraps and are also part of the Hello Sizzlits pack.
The Harlequin ribbon was a Free gift from a Crafting Magazine as was the fine organza striped ribbon. The sentiment from my stash (probably from a kit card purchased ages ago!).









And there you have it, here's a list of the major ingredients I used to make this card:



Thanks for stopping by to read my blog today. If you do have a minute drop me a quick word or two - just add it to the comments feature (look for the pencil) below. Thanks.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sally-Ann it hasn't arrived yet so I am looking forward to scrutinising all aspects. Hope the knee is settling down. I am still doing really well with my new hip,it feels marvellous to stand up straight again after so long being hunched. Will email youxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...