Saturday 21 July 2012

Here's to you Rodney Alan

Hello! I do hope all is well with you. It's been a little while since my last posting. I have been busy getting three of my card commissions done for people that I'd promised would have their cards before I leave on my long trip overseas . So the next three posts will be showing you the three cards I have made.

This first card was commissioned as a 60th Birthday card for Rodney Alan. The brief was that he loves Ties, the colour Blue, loves the Don Lane show,  has many collections of vinyl records and particularly likes the 50's and 60's.

So let me show you his card:

I used Riddersholm Paper from the Turquoise Collection and layered this onto Navy Kaiser craft weave card stock and Denim Kaiser craft weave card stock.

The card measures 81/2" x 9" approximately.

The Ties; well I just cut out tie shapes in a whole heap of blue scraps that I had (I needed 13 in all) and then used gold Peel-offs to spell "Happy Birthday" across them. I used Blue and white bakers twine to string them together across the top of the card front. This helped me space them out the way that I wanted.

I used my computer to generate Rodney Alan's name (twice so I could decoupage it) as well as the "You are very special.


For the Don Lane collection, I made a little album using the Riddersholm papers. Then I googled his shows and copied images onto photo paper and printed them off. I used one of the images to place in the little metal frame I had (I think from Making Memories) which I used for the front of the mini-album. .I layered the other images onto some blue papers from DCWV Bright mat stack. Once I had them all pasted together I used 2 blue brads from my stash to hold the album together and then adhered the back page with DST to the front of the card. For the Hearts I used the shapes feature on my PC and fussy cut them out and layered them with DST (Double sided Tape).


I made a little satchel type envelope first  using more of the Riddersholm papers, then stuck this to the front of my card and added 60 Today in gold Peel-offs.

The records I cut using Black Art Fun Foam sheets,  which I cut using one of the smaller Spellbinders Classic Circles Dies S4-114.

I used a small CP1 Carl circle punch to cut out the orange labels which I stuck to the foam and hand wrote titles of songs from the 60's.

I used a Molotow white paint pen to add a little "shine" to the vinyl records. (This took me back a few years I don't mind telling you!!!).





Lastly I decorated the inside of the card. Very simply:
Firstly I added a Blue and White Striped sheet of paper (from my stash) and stuck this to my card base. I used Spellbinders Splendid Circles S4-354, using the Navy card stock and Spellbinders Eyelet Circles S4-304 using the Denim Card stock to create my medallion. I added the "Happy Birthday" sentiment n white Peel-offs to finish it off.


I added the last of the six "vinyl" disks at the bottom of the page.














Details of the ingredients I used to make this card:
InLinkz.com

Thanks for popping in to catch up with me. The Internet connection is playing up a bit as we have VERY strong winds "Howling" outside at the moment and also our telephone is off-line intermittently which also suggests that there are problems. So I'll drop by again when all is working again. Bye for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...