Friday 13 July 2012

"Wishing on a Dandelion" card

I hope your day is going really well. I am in full swing preparing for our Town's special day. It is called "Made in Dorrigo". The rules are simple. Anything made, grown or manufactured by people in the town can be sold at your own stall. It runs from 08.00am until 2.00pm. This special day is run approximately each quarter and different from the regular Saturday markets held each month. I'll tell you how it goes in my next post!

My card for today I have called "Wishing on a Dandelion". Let me show it to you:

I firstly used my Spellbinders Grand scalloped Circles LF-124. to create my card base. When using this die I made sure not to cut completely through the side edges on my folded piece of white card so that in effect, I created a hinge. I also cut another separate piece using the Grand die, that I used for the very top of my card which I then stuck in its entirety onto the front of the hinged card base.


Next I cut a piece of Kaiser Craft 61/2” x 61/2” Paper Pad – Miss Nelly with my Spellbinders Grand Circles Die LF-114


I added a lovely piece of lace from my stash across this Design Paper which is in between my next two layers of Green and Yellow card. I embossed these pieces of card stock from DCWV using different sized dies from the Spellbinders Grand Labels Twenty Three LF-347.


The image is a Wee Stamps Digi called "Dandelion Girl," which I printed onto white blending card and coloured with my Prisma Color Pencils. Once all coloured up I cut out the image using my Spellbinders Labels Twenty Three S4-347 die. I also used the "cut out of the die technique" so the Dandelion pieces wouldn't be cut off from the rest of the image.

Lastly I added a piece of beautiful yellow ribbon and a gorgeous little metal embellishment which says ...  I "heart" to Garden (apologies no idea where I got this from).

It's a lovely card and one of my Customers already bought this and said her friend (the recipient and also a gardener) was thrilled with it and has now taken the metal embellishment and added it to her Key Ring as a reminder. 

How cool is that!!





More details for the ingredients I used to make my card:


So all the details for this pretty little card are now captured for you. Hope you like it. It was certainly fun to make! I hope you have a great day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...