Tuesday 10 July 2012

My Little Helper

Hi, How are you going today? Well we have started the countdown for the number of sleeps left before we are off to Kenya for our 6 week assignment on the 24th July. The penny dropped when we figured we would be in the air flying to Africa in 15 sleeps! We have been working on this for some time so to be this close seems a little weird. It is said that the waiting is the worst; maybe so!

Not sure if you got my previous posting. If you did all well and good. If not you will see it below this posting.
My card today is a cutie - in my humble opinion. I mean the image. It is actually called "Monday's Child" and is from Mo's Digtal Pencil. I prefer "My Little Helper".

Here it is:
Isn't he adorable?

Firstly, I layered and matted  a piece of Brown DCWV neutral card stock onto my white card base (5" x 7").


On top of that I used a 6" x 6" sheet of My Minds Eye Lime Twist - Life of the Party. I cut it into two to stretch to fill the page and added a strip of a similarly patterned MME Design Paper from the same 6" x 6" pad which was matted onto a strip of the same brown DCWV card stock I had used earlier.


I also created another strip for decorative effect which I laid at an angle on the bottom right of the card base.


I printed my image onto smooth white blending card stock and cut it out and embossed it with Spellbinders Classic Squares LG S4-126.




Here is the image in more detail. I coloured it using my lovely Copics:

Skin: E50, E51, E11
Hair: C7, C5, (also Marvy 1122 Le Plume II Black)
Dungarees: YG61, YG11
Shirt: Y11, Y0000, G0000
Mud: E47, E37, E97
Hose: B0000, G0000
Spade: C5, C3
Background: G0000


I layered and matted the coloured image using the second design of MME papers with my brown DCWV card stock as you can see. I then used 3D foam pads to adhere the square medallion onto my card.

To finish I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment using a Memento Rich Cocoa Ink pad and the "Spring Words" stamp set from JustRite Stampers CR-03640. I cut, embossed and layered the sentiment onto a piece of Gold Mirri card that I was also cut and embossed using Spellbinders Label Twenty-Three dies S4-347. Last thing, I added a couple of metal dragonfly brads from my stash.


.. and there we have it. Hope you like him, he just makes me smile!
InLinkz.com

Thanks for stopping by today to read about "My Little Helper". I hope you have had a Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...