Thursday 5 July 2012

Marci and her Critter Friends

Hi, how are you today?
It has been REALLY cold here today. I live on the Eastern Seaboard of New South Wales in Australia and the wind has howled through today. If you are able to be in the sunshine and out of the wind it is a typical pleasant winter's day. The weather can have an effect on us all one way or another, so I hope wherever you are the weather is Glorious!

My card today features La-La-Land's Marci, along with her two critter friends.

Here's my Card:


I had fun making this card as I really like the La-La Land images, they are really good fun to colour.
I use Digi's in this card and you can by Marci separately from the Wooden Stump with the lovely little mouse and snail.

I used a piece of light blue DCWV neutral card stock as my main matting layer stuck to the card base of white card. On top of that a Design Ppaer from the Crafter's Block 1 paper pad.

I used Peacock and Bayleaf seam binding from Really Reasonable Ribbon on the left of the card, crossing one over the other.
On the horizontally placed peacock seam binding I layered a piece of patterned HOTP DP (sorry no idea which set of papers) and a few pearls on the vertically placed Bayleaf  seam binding. Where the two crossed I placed a paper rosette. 


TIP & TECHNIQUE:- MAKING A PAPER ROSETTE
This is easily 
made - cut a 24cm x 1.5cm strip of paper, score at 5mm intervals, concertina the paper using the score marks, then stick the ends together with glue. This is the hard part done, next  just fiddle until it sits as you'd like it too, then glue a little circle of paper on the top AND the bottom. By placing a disc of paper on the bottom of the rosette allows it to be glued easily to whatever you wish to stick it to.




Here's a closer view of the images I used on my card.


The Digi stamps are called: Ruffles Marci and I coloured them both using a variety of Copics. The other Digi's are called Stunp set (Set of 4 images).

I used a clear Spica pen to give a little gloss to Marci.

The lovely pearl piece on her headband is a Prima "Say It In Pearls - Regal Pink and Teal Set" - J530839.

The sentient is a silver Peel Off placed on light blue DCWV card stock, all adhered to the same patterned design paper I had used earlier.






Ingredients I used to make this card:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...