Sunday 17 July 2016

Get better Lizzy - Card in a box Card

How is your Sunday going? I'm off flying today, going off to Kuala Lumpur for work this week. So missing out on any Sunday Morning lie-in!

Today's card was one I made for someone here in our village who has been very poorly. It is one of those "Card in a box" cards.

Here it is:






































I made the card base using a sheet of Kaisercraft Scarlet red weave 12 x 12 card stock. I cut this using a template using Robert Adams All occasions dies/templates multi-buy. I have made this type of card before see HERE. I listed a couple of websites at the end of my blog posting showing the way to cut your card to make this type of card if you don't have this template and matching die.

I used a mixture of Cottage Cutz dies and Heartfelt Creations Berry Cafe Collection, Stamps and dies for the decoration.







This is how the card folds flat and goes into an envelope. The little motif on the outside is from a Spellbinders ironwork motif die.



















Here I took a photo from the top of the card so you can see the "bridges" that hold the embellishments.


















Here's a close up of the three "bridges" from the front. I love the little bees from Heartfelt Creations.












Here you can see the side panels. I used GRAPHIC 45 Secret Garden paper to cut the lattice pieces which I glued to the red flaps.












I hand wrote a message on the front flap and added a Cottage Cutz strawberry.














On the very back of the card I hand wrote another message in white using a Signo pen. I cut the background out of a scrap of black card stock using a Spellbinders oval die.











It's a really pretty card and the photos don't really do it justice!

Here are the main ingredients that I used to make this card:



Thanks for stopping by today to have a look at my card. I think it worked out well and the poorly recipient really liked it - isn't that what it's all about really?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...